White Mountaineering: climbing up the outerwear hit parade

Sunday, October 24, 2010


For a brief moment last week I did wonder if White Mountaineering might rival Visvim for my outerwear affections this winter. Until I found that Moncler V jacket I was telling you about.

All the same, I reckon this could be the most promising brand to come out of Japan for a good few years. Nice understated lines, muted colours, thoughtful details and that underlying utility element that will ensure that you are bound to favour it above other, less weather-friendly, options.

Then there is the availability. I can actually only think of The Glade as I write, which makes White Mountaineering even harder to find than you-know-what.

If you wanted more convincing, here is a look at this winter's down jacket.

Just look at the pockets. One for every day of the week.





You can find White Mountaineering at The Glade

Via Freshness